TREND FORWARD “PITCH-OFF FOR CES 2018”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Trend Forward “Pitch-Off for CES 2018” (the “Contest”) begins at 06:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 7, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on January 11, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of an entry period, that begins at 06:00:00 AM (PT) on November 7, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on December 31, 2017 (the “Entry Period”) and a live presentation period during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada that begins on January 9, 2018 and ends on January 11, 2018, (the “Pitch-Off Event”). The Contest provides entrants with the opportunity to submit their startup pitch deck and possibly be selected to pitch at CES 2018 to a panel consisting of investors, entrepreneurs and the Trend Forward team (collectively, “Judges”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Trend Forward Capital Management, LLC (560 S. Winchester Boulevard, Suite 400, San Jose, CA, USA) (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to participants attending the CES 2018 (“Entrants”) from January 9-11, 2018 and are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their state or province of primary residence at time of entry and are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their state or province of primary residence. Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and their respective immediate family members and/or those residing in the same household of each are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, email your pitch deck to CES@Trendforward.com beginning November 7, 2017 (the “Submission”). To view these Official Rules, visit the website www.trendforward.com/ces (the “Website”). Each Submission entered into the Contest must meet the following “Submission Requirements” (any Submission that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
(a) the Submission must not infringe a third party’s copyright or trademarks, privacy, or other intellectual property rights;
(b) the Submission must NOT contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales or use of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing or which is otherwise inappropriate, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, nor may Submission contain any derogatory references to any Promotion Entity or any other person or entity including brands or trademarks of any Promotion Entity or any other person or entity;
(c) the Submission must be uploaded to the Website by the Entry Period deadline in order to be considered. No late entries will be accepted; and
(d) any Submission that does not meet the above criteria for any reason, may be resubmitted as long as it is resubmitted before the Entry Period deadline.
Limit one (1) entry per Entrant. Submissions must be received by the end of the Entry Period to be eligible for the Contest. No substitutions of Submissions with new versions will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Submission is submitted for consideration.
Submissions which violate any of these requirements will be deemed ineligible to be included in the Contest and the Submission will be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole and absolute discretion, any Submission deemed inappropriate or that does not comply with these Official Rules. Except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules, personal information collected in connection with this Contest will be used in accordance with the privacy notice found on the Website and with the consent given by an Entrant at the time of entry. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor and/or the Website by electronic mail or otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Submissions become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. Furthermore, Sponsor shall have no liability for any Submission that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Sponsor.
4. FINALIST SELECTION: Once the Submission is uploaded to the Website and approved by Sponsor or its designee, Sponsor will select twelve (12) Entrants from among all eligible Submissions (the “Finalists”). The Finalists will be contacted by phone, mail or email at the sponsor’s discretion on or about January 5, 2018 and must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (the “Finalist Documents”) prior to being declared a Finalist. If a Finalist fails or refuses to sign and return all Finalist Documents within three (3) days of notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the Finalist may be disqualified and an alternate Finalist may be selected. Sponsor shall have no liability for any Finalist notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a Finalist for any reason. If any Finalist does not respond within the time required by Sponsor, or if the Finalist notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any Finalist, such Finalist will forfeit his or her Finalist status and an alternate Finalist may be selected. If any Finalist is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines his/her status as a Finalist for any reason, such Finalist will be disqualified and Sponsor may select a new Finalist at its discretion.
5. PITCH-OFF EVENT AND WINNER SELECTION: Finalists will be invited to compete against each other on stage at the Trend Forward booth during CES 2018. The twelve (12) Finalists will be split into three (3) groups with each group participating at the Pitch-Off Event on either January 9th, 10th or 11th and at a time to be determined by Sponsor. Judges will select one (1) Grand Prize winner on each day of the Pitch-Off Event. A winner will be selected at the end of each day of the Pitch-Off Event. Sponsor’s decision will be final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal on eligibility determinations and all other matters relating to this Contest. Winner selection will be subject to Sponsor’s verification of winners’ eligibility. If any winner is found to be ineligible or if he/she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason, such winner will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner at the discretion of Sponsor/Judges. For Canadian residents only: To claim a prize, a potential winner must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question at a mutually agreed upon time. The question must be answered correctly within a pre-determined amount of time. In the event that it is not answered correctly, the selected person will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
6. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each Entrant that enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is the Entrant’s own original work; (ii) the Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each Entrant hereby agrees to (a) not hold the Promotion Entities responsible for, and (b) reimburse the Promotion Entities in connection with, any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may have been given pursuant to any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any Entrant or winner of the Contest, each Entrant irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its designees and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant’s name, likeness, and biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
9. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize is available for each Entrant selected for each day of the Pitch-Off Event. Grand Prize consists of $10,000USD (to be awarded in the form of a check to the winner).
10. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: The winners shall be solely responsible for any required or applicable federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. The winners must execute a Prize Acceptance Form (“Prize Claim Documents”). If a winner fails or refuses to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within seven (7) days of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold a prize for any breach of the Official Rules.
11. GENERAL: Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities (a) except in respect of death or personal injury caused by negligence shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from Entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize(s), and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, or stolen submissions, Submission notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Submissions are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated for any reason before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: If Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments for the Submission or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to accomplish the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each Entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request therefor.
14. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
15. WINNERS LIST: Contest Winner’s List shall be available on and after January 11, 2018. To obtain a copy of the winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Trend Forward “Pitch-Off for CES 2018” Contest – Winner’s List, c/o Trend Micro Incorporated, Attn: Legal Department, 560 S. Winchester Blvd., Suite 400, San Jose, CA 95128 USA.